Monday, September 15, 2008

Waiting

I'm sitting here in my classroom, looking at my sub-plans. I wasn't planning on being here today. It's kind of strange and somewhat frustrating. Yesterday morning, Sarah's contractions were pretty regular. They were 5 mins apart. I timed them for an hour. After that we decided that it was probably the best to get to the hospital. So, we did. after sitting in the birthing room for an hour or so, a doctor came in, checked things out and said, "Go home." Both Sarah and I were a little stunned. No, "You're this far along..." or anything. Just "Go home." We ended up going over to Sarah's aunts house and seeing if anything progressed further. We went on a good long walk but nothing. So... here I am. Sitting in my classroom, looking at my sub-plans...

No comments: